Friday, December 7, 2012

Nyan Cat and other stuffs.

I'm so glad it's Friday!
Lilly ate school lunch one day this week, and macaroni
and cheese another day (no pic),
but here are the lunches for the rest of the week!
Bagel slices
Mozzarella cheese
Turkey pepperoni
Marinara
Buddy Fruits blended strawberry
Juiceheads strawberry banana smoothie (not pictured)
Gingerbread girl shaped PB&J sammie
with four gingerbread marshmallows
Colby cheese squares
Dried strawberries
Penguin crackers (in the little gingerbread man box)
Gingerbread man cookie
Milk (not pictured)

Nyan Cat PB&J sammie
Colby cubes
Chocolate strawberry granola
Carrots
Cucumber (with music note pics)
Ranch dip (not pictured)
Apple juice (not pictured)
This lunch is special.
It's not exactly how I pictured it when I thought I'd make it for her,
but I really wanted to cheer her up.
She's had a tough week.
A playground fall left her with two busted up knees
and the drama with her bully is still happening.
I had a phone conference with her teacher and she
assured me she would take the necessary
steps to end the bullying.
I sincerely hope she does.
Anyway, the theme here is Nyan Cat.
If you aren't familiar with Nyan Cat,
you can watch the super popular video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
Lilly LOVES this video.
I can't explain why she (or countless others)
are so enthralled by this Pop-Tart, rainbow emitting cat.
She just loves it.
It's drawn in 8-bit style (which is Lilly's favorite),
it's set to a Japanese song (also one of Lilly's interests),
and it's a cat.
I guess I do understand why she likes it so much.
I'm not super happy with how this turned out.
It was late and I decided on a whim to make it.
I WILL attempt a better, more aesthetically pleasing Nyan Cat
bento in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment