Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bento Day 3!

There is nothing quite as satisfying in my Mommy world
as opening Lilly's lunchbox at the end of the
school day to find it empty, save a few crumbs.
She's eating all her lunch and it's great!
Like I said, she's never really been a picky eater, but lately
I've been having to ask more than once
what she'd like for dinner.
For today's Bento, I went with some of her favs.
Turkey and Colby cheese heart-shaped sammies
carrots, celery and low-fat ranch dip
strawberries and fat free Cool Whip
Goldfish cupcake flavored graham crackers
Minute Maid 100% Apple juice box

I purchased the little dip containers at Big Lots.
I believe they were five for $1.
I don't profess to be super health conscious, (I battle weight issues and have
for a very long time), but this is a healthy kid lunch to me.
I could give her Lunchables; she does have them from time to time
and likes them pretty well, but I don't like the idea of 
giving her food that's been in a container for ages.
There's nothing wrong with them if you're pressed for time.
Hopefully, she'll continue to be as excited about her lunch
as I am to make it. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous, Laura! Who wouldn't want to eat this for lunch?

    ReplyDelete