Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Very few lunches.

Today's post is showing two lunches: Last Thursday and today.
Lilly has only asked for home lunch TWICE in the last two weeks.
She says she wants to be like her friends
and eat at school.
I was trying to step back and let her try things
because it's a new experience and she's just getting into it.
But it's not working.
She has been STARVING the last couple of days
when I picked her up.
She doesn't like this or that on the lunch menu.
Yesterday, she only ate a clementine.
That's it!
I told her as much as she may want to
just eat what her friends eat,
she can't function without a proper lunch.
This is the last day before Thanksgiving break,
but after that, we'll be going back to home lunches 
at least four days a week.
I can make sure she's getting enough to eat
and I know what she's eating.
Here's Thursday's lunch.
Two ham & cheese leaf sammies
Cubed cheddar and mozerella
Grapes
Goldfish crackers
Buddy Fruits lemon tartlet
Juiceheads strawberry banana smoothie
First off, the lemon tartlet.
Lilly specifically asked for this in the supermarket.
She did NOT like them.
They're not listed on the manufacturer's website,
which is odd, but they also came in raspberry.
Not a repeat purchase here, though.
Here's today's lunch.
PB&J double layer turkey and leaf sammies
Mini Babybel cheese with leaf cutout
Goldfish crackers
Dried strawberries
Sun Rype fruit & veggie strip
Juiceheads Berry smoothie
And a Hostess cupcake (!)
I normally don't buy the cupcakes because I bake quite often
and I'd rather she eat home baked things.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment