Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bento Day 7!

Today's Bento is uber healthy...because I gave Lilly a cupcake.
♦Salad with heart-shaped 
turkey pepperoni and Colby cheese shreds
♦Carrots with ranch dip
♦Oyster crackers
I saw this cupcake design on Pinterest and HAD to make it.
It turned out so cute.

I found a cupcake recipe that only makes two cupcakes.
We had baked pasta for dinner, so I whipped 'em up and
stuck it in the oven after dinner came out.
One Delicious Vanilla Cupcake!
1 tbsp Earth Balance (or butter), softened
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
a dash of salt

-Combine the butter and sugar until well incorporated
-Add 2 tbsp of the milk (make sure the milk is at room temp or warmed up to 
prevent clumping and separation in the butter)
-Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, then add to the butter mixture
-Add the remaining milk and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
-Bake at 350-375º F for 15-20 minutes
*Recipe from Sweet Road
I didn't have almond milk, so I used only three tablespoons of
skim milk and regular sweet cream butter.
For transportation, I found this container at Big Lots (package of two
for around $3).
It holds the cupcake in place even if you turn it upside down.
Perfect for a lunch box, right?
I also wanted to take a second to show what I put in
her lunch box everyday.
Two napkins (Lilly is a little messy :)
Two Sani-Hands (I get these at Toys 'R Us)
A Colgate Wisp (I love that she can brush her teeth after lunch)
I get the Wisps at Sam's Club.
There are sixteen per package, so I buy two when I do
my monthly stock up.
I almost forgot!
Some days, I slip a little Lunch Box Love into Lilly's lunchbox.
I purchased sets 17-24.
They're such a great way of giving a little pick me up
or encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment