Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Today is a special day!

Today's Bento is super special to me.
Lilly let me in on a secret yesterday...
She's been volunteering her recess time to sit with
kids in her class and other third grade classes
to help them get caught up on classwork.
Her teacher has nominated her as a "Peer Tutor".
As difficult as this adjustment to public school from
home school has been, this info was like music to 
my ears!
Lilly didn't think she was doing anything selfless or 
even important enough to tell me about.
I'm quite proud of her today.
=)
She asked last night if I was planning to do
a special Bento in honor of her tutoring surprise.
I said, "Of course".
This is what I came up with.
Turkey and cheese notebook and pencil sammies
Yogurt covered raisins
Smore's kit
Sour cream and onion Pringles
Sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding
Small cup of cookie crumb and flower sprinkle "dirt"
Milk
I used Wilton food markers to draw the notebook lines.
I just cut the sammie into a rectangle and used a straw to 
punch the little holes.
The GoGreen made an appearance today because 
I knew I wanted to send a BIG lunch.
I also wanted to write a special note on the dry erase board inside
her GoGreen lunch box. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment